Portsmouth Music and Arts Center seeks a dedicated music educator and experienced early childhood violin teaching artist to recruit and maintain a teaching studio for students ages 4 ½ and up. The position begins February 2023 and will be one day per week, with the potential to add additional days.
Reporting to the Director of Education, duties are as follows:
- Provide weekly 30, 45, or 60 minute individual lessons to violin students of all levels, including beginning violin for ages 4 ½ and up
- Teach lessons primarily in person; online lessons as requested
- Teach group violin classes for students ages 4 ½ and up
- Effectively administer and manage studio in collaboration with staff and in adherence to school procedures and policies
- Complete student assessments
- Prepare students for performances each semester
- Participate in recruitment activities inside and outside of the school
- Attend faculty meetings several times a year
- Perform on faculty concerts as a soloist or with other faculty in a chamber music setting
Bachelor of Music in violin performance or music education required. SSA registered training through Book 1 preferred.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Portsmouth Music and Arts Center (PMAC) is a multi-faceted arts school serving all ages and abilities. In addition to individual instruction in music and visual arts, PMAC offers ensembles, classes, summer camps, and community arts outreach programs, along with live music performances and art exhibitions by both students and professionals. PMAC addresses the need for arts education in the greater Seacoast region by providing high quality instruction that compliments the offerings in our local public and private schools. In addition, we meet the needs of students of all ages, regardless of skill level or aspiration. PMAC offers cultural opportunities to all people regardless of their age, ability, or economic status, and continually strives to build community through the arts. PMAC respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workplace. We welcome candidates of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities, and gender expressions. PMAC is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Violin Teaching Artist”: attn: Michelle Shoemaker, Director of Education, Portsmouth Music and Arts Center. No phone calls or walk-in inquiries please.