LAST UPDATED: October 18, 2021
1. Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with our Site, and may include:
- Device Information: When you visit our Site, we may learn information about your browser version and settings, your device type and settings, and other information, such as your IP address, mobile device identifier, and referring and exit pages.
- Website Usage Data: We may collect information about your interactions with our Site, including the pages you visit, links or buttons you click, the search terms you enter, and other similar interactions with the Site.
- Geolocation Data: We may use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Submitted Content: We collect information you choose to submit to us through web forms on our Site, including, for example, contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, phone number, etc.); demographic information (e.g., your (or your child’s) school or employment information, income range, birthdate or age, gender, etc.); registration information (e.g., information about your or your child’s arts and music interests and experience, etc.); and any other information you choose to submit, such as your questions or comments about PMAC submitted through our “Contact Us” web form.
- PMAC Account Credentials: If you register a PMAC account on the Site, we will collect your account credentials, which may include a user name and password.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means, as set forth below:
- Automatically from Your Device or Browser: As is true of most websites, whenever you visit our website, we or third parties who provide services to us may automatically collect information from your device or browser, which may include device information, website usage data, and geolocation data.
- Directly from You: Our website contains various web forms through which you are able to submit your information directly to us, and, should you choose to do so, wewill collect the information that you provide through such web forms.
- From or by Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, including data analytics providers, payment processors, and service providers that assist us with the operation and functionality of our Site and the administration of our organization more generally. Some of our third-party service providers may collect and process information provided by you via web forms on our Site, and may then share that information with us. For example, when you make a donation via our Site’s “Support PMAC” page, any information you provide on that page will be collected and processed by our third-party payment processor, but your sensitive payment information will not be shared with us. Likewise, when you create an account to register for PMAC classes or pay your tuition online, our third-party service provider’s student registration software (e.g., ASAP (Vanco)), will collect, process, and share with us the information you provide, in accordance with that service provider’s terms and privacy practices.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the information referenced in section 1, “Personal Information We Collect,” above:
- To allow you to use and access our Site.
- To monitor and evaluate the performance and functionality of our Site, including as part of our analytic practices, or otherwise to maintain or improve the content, security, and services offered through our Site.
- To maintain and operate PMAC accounts, including by making certain services available to account users.
- To communicate with our Site users, students, and families, including, for example, to respond to requests for information via the “Contact Us” or “Inquiry” web forms, or to register you (upon your request) to receive PMAC’s email newsletter.
- For PMAC’s general administrative purposes, including to process registrations and tuition payments for PMAC’s music and art classes and lessons that are submitted online through our Site.
- For fundraising purposes, including outreach and the processing of donations submitted online via the Site and purchases made via our Site’s “Shop” pages.
- To investigate any suspected misuse of our Site and to prevent fraudulent activity; to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and respond to requests from courts or other governmental bodies; and to protect or defend the rights, property, personal safety, and interests of PMAC, our students or staff, the public, or the interests of our third party service providers.
4. How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we may share information with:
- Service Providers: As we noted in Section 2 above, we partner with third parties who provide services to us, including data analytics providers, payment processors, and providers that assist us with the operation and functionality of our Site (and the administration of our organization more generally). We may share the information we’ve collected via our Site with these third parties so that they may provide us with their services. For example, we may share information with data analytics providers to analyze the activities taking place on our Site (among other analyses of PMAC’s operations).
- Other Third Parties: We and our third-party service providers and partners will disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to investigate any suspected misuse of our website and to prevent fraudulent activity; to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and respond to requests from courts or other governmental bodies; and to protect or defend the rights, property, personal safety, and interests of PMAC, our students or staff, the public, or the interests of our third-party service providers.
5. Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Geolocation Data: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Site from accessing your geolocation information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any such email.
- PMAC Accounts: You can keep your contact information accurate and up to date by logging into your PMAC account on our Site. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies: You can refuse to accept third-party cookies by following your browser or device’s instructions. If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
You can also contact us at any time by phone: 603-431-4278, or by email: email@example.com to request we do any of the following: (i) erase or delete all or some of your personal information; (ii) change, update, or correct your personal information; (iii) restrict how we use all or some of your personal information; (iv) access your personal information and, where applicable and feasible, request to receive that personal information in a commonly used electronic format (or ask for this information to be provided in that format to a third party); or (v) disclose what personal information we collect, use, or disclose. We will consider and respond to any such requests promptly, and otherwise in accordance with applicable laws.
We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 years old without parental permission. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to PMAC in connection with our Site without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we use measures to protect your personal information in compliance with any applicable law, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases.
8. Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in section 3 above, “How We Use Your Personal Information,” unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
11. Links to Other Websites; Social Media Platforms
Our website may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties, including links to social media platforms like YouTube or Facebook. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites and platforms, which may be different from our privacy practices. We encourage you to review the terms, policies, and/or settings of these third-party websites and social media platforms so that you understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
12. Contact Us
We welcome your comments and questions. Please contact us:
- By telephone at: 603-431-4278
- By postal mail, or by visiting us, at: 973 Islington Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801
- By email at: email@example.com
13. Additional Rights Applicable to Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom
We will only process your personal data to the extent applicable law allows us to do so.
The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union or the United Kingdom under article 45 of the GDPR or article 45 of the UK-GDPR. Therefore, we rely on derogations for specific situations as set forth in article 49 of the GDPR and article 49 of the UK-GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. personal data only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
If you are a resident of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or the United Kingdom, you have certain rights under applicable law, including the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the personal data that we maintain about you;
- Request to correct, revise, or update any of the personal data we maintain about you;
- Request that we erase the personal data we maintain about you;
- Object to our processing of your personal data on the basis that the processing has a disproportionately detrimental impact on your interests, rights, and freedoms;
- Request that we restrict our processing activities related to your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your data at any time, however, such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent prior to the withdrawal. Please note that where we rely on your consent in order to process your personal data and you then withdraw that consent, it may affect our provision of services to you, and may mean that we are unable to provide our services (either in part or in full) to you;
- Request to have your personal data reproduced in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, whether or not such request relates to the transmission of the personal data to another party; and
- Require us to stop sending you marketing communications.
Residents of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or the United Kingdom may initiate any of the above requests, objections, or requirements by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and writing “GDPR Request” in the subject line. You may also write to us at the postal address provided in Section 12 above.
Finally, you have the right to raise a concern about our collection and processing of your personal data with your local supervisory authority, available here (EEA) or here (UK), and you may do so without prejudice to any other rights you may have.